Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Safe from Terrorists? I-Conn?

"In 2004, the Senate endorsed the idea of a strong privacy and civil liberties watchdog to keep vigil as the government launched a full-bore effort to make the nation safe from terrorists," said Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (I-Conn.)" quoted in a piece in the Washington Post today.

"Full-bore effort to make the nation safe from terrorists"? If that were truly the goal, the first thing they would have done was secure our borders and ports. That still hasn't been done, not because it isn't necessary, but because it conflicts with their masters' desire for cheap labor. Why else tolerate the illegal entry, nay, invasion of our country by more than ten million illegal aliens?

And while we're here, I was just wondering, I-Conn? Israeli from Connecticut? Yeah, yeah, I know, but I can't stand Lieberman. He was never a Democrat. He represents Israel's interests, the interests of the rich, and of corporations.

No comments: