Friday, February 2, 2007

The Ministry of Truth: Bush and the AEI

The American Enterprise Institute (AEI), stuffed with Bush supporters and funded by ExxonMobil, has sent out letters to scientists offering $10,000 and more, if they will write essays critical of the new U.N. report on global climate change, according to a piece in today's Guardian.

I wonder why anyone who would accept one of these bribes should be rightly called a scientist.

I also wonder why The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer has slugs from AEI as commentators on their program so frequently and I wonder why they are not identified as paid shills for ExxonMobil and the Bush Administration masquerading as people of character.

2 comments:

opit said...

Do you remember those sidebar ads for the book exposing lies about the war on Iraq ? ( Washington Monthly was likely the foremost example )
The Centre for Media and Democracy, who came up with it, tracks issues involving false and manipulated news. I received a summary via e-mail titled "The Weekly Spin" for months.
I finally let it fall into disuse, but kicking around the parent site for articles on file can be instructive.
http://opit.wordpress.com/

whitebeard said...

*nods* Aye, opit, I do and thanks for reminding me. :-)